Want to go Tuna Fishing? Ilwaco Tuna Classic: Deep Canyon Challege

August 1st & 2nd

Located on the Southwest coast of Washington, the Port of Ilwaco is nestled just inside the Columbia River bar. This year’s event will revert back to Pre fishing with Big Fish Friday and the main event on Saturday.

“Lines in the Water” time on Friday is 7:30AM with a required check-in time by 4:00PM. Friday night there will be a mandatory 7:00 PM Captains meeting in the big tent located in the ports north parking lot. Saturday starts early with a 6:00AM shot gun start just across the Columbia River bar with a required check-in time by 5:00PM.

The fun continues Saturday evening with play by play with a huge BBQ, auction and the final results of the weekend activities. With so much to offer Ilwaco has something for everyone:

•Great restaurants along the water front boardwalk and along the Long Beach Peninsula, Long Beach Rodeo & Parade Friday/Sat/Sun, Saturday market in Ilwaco, Sunday market in Astoria, Salmon fishing, Halibut fishing, Bottom fishing, Crabbing, Scavenger hunt on Saturday for those not fishing.

These are just a few of the many local attractions that make a weekend in the lower Columbia area a great place to visit. This year, we are striving to help multiply the OTC’s contribution to the local food banks:

•Canned Food Drive – We will have barrels available to take your food donations. List of Food Banks most needed foods

•Donate additional tuna.- We will take all the additional tuna you wish to donate.

•Boat moorage fees donated to the Ilwaco food bank – make out a check to the OTC, or pay in cash and your moorage fees will also be directed toward the food banks!

1st Prize – $6,000

2nd Prize – $3,000

3rd Prize – $1,000

Resigtration dates:

Closes July 27st

ENTRY FEE $450.00 or $650 for both ILWACO & GARIBALDI TOURNAMENTS

For questions regarding registration contact Roger Cook -503-407-7022 or rdcookx@yahoo.com

Big Fish Friday:

$100 per team paid out at the Awards Dinner on Saturday night

Largest Tuna Side Pot:

Largest Tuna Side Pot: Sponsored By

$50 per team paid out at the Awards Dinner on Saturday night

Largest Pelagic Pot:

Largest Pelagic Side Pot: Sponsored By

$50 per team paid out at the Awards Dinner on Saturday night

Cash Side Pots:

•$100, $250, $500 and $1000 side pot are for Saturdays event.

•The side pots will be paid out to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each side pot level.

•The split will be 60%, 20%, 10% and 10% to the OTC.

•All cash side pots are refundable in the event that the OTC should cancel an event.

•All pay outs will be made on Saturday at the awards dinner.

Example: 25 teams enter the $500 side pot. That means there will be $12,5500 paid out for that side pot alone. 10% off the top goes to the OTC. The remaining 90% is paid out 60% to 1st place and 20% to 2nd place and 10% to 3rd place within the side pot participants. Your team is competing for these large cash payouts against only the teams signed up for the side pots.

In 2005, a small group of fisherman joined together to steer their passion for fishing to a cause that would help feed the hungry. That idea culminated into the first Oregon Tuna Classic (OTC). As a non-profit with 100% volunteer participation, the original purpose of OTC is to provide a forum for fishermen to have a friendly competition, catch albacore and donate it to the local food bank. In past years, 18,600 pounds of tuna has been donated to food banks along the Southwest Washington & Oregon coastal communities.

For more information about the Ilwaco Tuna Classic (part of the Oregon Tuna Classic series), please visit:

www.oregontunaclassic.org

Sharing is caring!